When it comes time to repair or replace your roof, it’s important to find the bbb roofers near me for the job. Here are a few tips on how to find the right roofers for your home:
- One of the first things you should do is check the roofing company’s licensing and insurance. Make sure that they are licensed to do roofing work in your area, and that they have liability insurance in case any damage is done to your home. Make sure they are licensed in your state and that their insurance is up-to-date.
- Get referrals from friends and family. Chances are, someone you know has had to hire a roofer in the past. Ask them who they used and if they were happy with the work that was done.
- Look for contractors who are members of professional organizations like the National Roofing Contractors Association (NRCA) or the Better Business Bureau (BBB). These organizations have strict guidelines that members must follow, and they offer arbitration services if there is a dispute.
- Check the company’s website or reviews on sites like Angie’s List or Home Advisor. These sites allow homeowners to rate and review contractors they’ve worked with. You can usually find a lot of information about the quality of the work, the contractor’s customer service, and how well they cleaned up after the job was done.
- Once you’ve narrowed down your list of potential roofers, get estimates from them. Get quotes in writing, and make sure that the estimates include the specific work that needs to be done. Be sure to ask any questions you have about the estimate, and don’t hesitate to shop around for a better deal. This will give you a good idea of what the job will cost. Be sure to get written estimates, so you can compare them easily.
Hiring a roofer can be a daunting task, but following these tips will help make it easier. By taking the time to do your research, you can be sure to find a reputable roofing company that will do a good job.